Sunday, November 9, 2008

Using Web 2.0 in the Workplace

The blogger of http://itec830.stablestate.com/ who discusses enterprise web2.0 brings out an interesting question. While Eugene Lee mentions a way the power of blogs facilitates collaboration, the blogger doubts whether if the collaboration is really what corporate executives are anticipating and desiring. I agree with his perspective because I think companies remain cautious to a setting where employees get together, a setting where there is a possibility where coalition of labor movement may occur and where company secrets can be revealed. I think they feel easier to manage the employees when the employees are independent from each other. They rather want to encourage competition rather than collaboration because they think productivity comes from competitive nature.

I understand when the company is yet reluctant to form a free but unpredictable web space. In spite of this understanding, to reduce expenses, I assume they may have to eventually look for a alternative management strategy using web spaces. They may have to bring out some ideas how to effectively manage the blog spaces to approach a step closer to individual employees, at the same time, to effectively control the company.


additional reading: Using Web 2.0 in the WorkplaceWritten by Allen Stern - August 31, 2008
http://www.centernetworks.com/web-2-enterprise-tools

No comments: